Any information that you provide on this website is controlled by Fix My Finances Limited; a company registered in England and Wales, registration number 07030583 and registered office address, Britannia House, 1-11 Glenthorne Road, London. W6 0LH. The Company is duly registered with: The Data Protection Act, 2018 Reg. No: ZA258270;
We provide our services by
To opt out of these services please click here
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information about you ("Your Information").
- Directly from you, via our application form or any other online forms on this or any other of our websites, such as: name, e-mail address, home address and residential status, telephone numbers, date of birth, the name and contact details of your employer, income details, including your pay dates, bank account details;
- Correspondence, or a record of it if you should contact us, together with your contact details and our responses;
- Surveys that we use for research purposes, which we have asked you to complete (although you do not have to respond to them);
- Details of your visits to our sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access; and
- Information that you provide to our partners, brokers and affiliates where you have consented to that information being passed to us.
- We will check that you appear on the electoral register, and whether the telephone numbers you provide are real
- Your information may be submitted and verified by entities such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- Details of your visits to Carloanfinder.co.uk including but not limited to traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process and submit your application form to lenders and credit brokers to apply for the funds you have asked for;
- to provide you with an excellent service;
- to be sure that our websites is presented in the best way for you and your device;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- We and third parties to whom you agree we may send your data may also use it for marketing purposes to provide you with data about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by phone, SMS, MMS and E-mail subject to the preferences you select when opting in (please see our section on Direct Marketing for further information).
How we process your loan application
The primary service that we are providing to you is that of an online loan broker. We will search our panel of lenders and brokers for the best loan option for you. The information we collect is only as much as we require so that our lenders can make a decision on whether or not they want to lend you the funds. Carloanfinder.co.uk is acting as an application process to save you filling out multiple applications with lots of lenders or brokers to get the best rate. After completing this application, we will send your information to the broker we believe is the best for you. If we cannot find you a lender/broker then we may refer you to an alternative product provider such as a guarantor loan provider.
Depending on the outcome of the loan brokerage service we may offer you additional services like credit repair which will be discussed at the relevant time and will be offered to you under a separate contract.
If you give us your consent, we may contact you using telephone, email, SMS, MMS and post to communicate with you about offers relating to products of ours or our partners that we think you might be interested in. For a full list of trading names we use to contact you please click here
We may also introduce you to 3rd parties who can provide other services such as
credit brokers, unsecured loans providers, secured loans providers, short term lenders, alternative lenders, peer to peer lenders, guarantor lenders, mortgage brokers and lenders
- credit card, prepayment credit card/bank account providers
- car finance lenders and brokers, logbook loan lenders
- debt management companies, insolvency practitioners, bankruptcy specialists, debt and property possession adjusters/advisers
- equity release arrangers and credit reference advisers
- general insurances like car insurance and home insurance, life insurance, private medical insurance, income protection insurance
- compensation advisers
- utility switching agents
Sharing your information with 3rd parties
We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings, when permitted by data protection and privacy law. We may disclose information about you, including electronic identifiers (such as IP addresses) and/or access to your account:
We may give information we hold about you to third parties as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
We may transfer your information to our partners, brokers and/or to potential lenders or third parties (e.g. debt counsellors and insurers) for the purposes of seeking or arranging finance for you, assessing your application and processing, administering and enforcing any subsequent loan which may be granted.
We sometimes use agents and service providers to process your information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems. Where we use agents and service providers to process your information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your information
- a. If required or permitted to do so by law;
- b. If required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority, the Information Commissioners Office or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Government, or law enforcement agency;
- c. If necessary, in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings
Where we store Your Information
All information you provide to us is encrypted and stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name, pass code and memorable word which enables you to access certain parts of Carloanfinder.co.uk, you are responsible for keeping this user name, pass code and memorable word confidential. You must not to share these with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to Carloanfinder.co.uk; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For more information on cookies (including how to switch them off) please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; you can choose to opt out of all communications from Carloanfinder.co.uk and The Affiliate People’s other brands and trading styles.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes by clicking here or contacting us by post at
Fix My Finances Limited
1 to 11 Glenthorne Road
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will action your request with 24 hours and you should stop receiving any marketing from us with 7 working days. (Please note: this request will not stop you receiving marketing from other organisations, you will need to contact them directly and request they stop as this will not happen automatically)
You also have the right to access your information and request details of the third parties with whom we have shared your information with by contacting us [in writing] at Fix My Finances Limited Britannia House 1 to 11 Glenthorne Road London W6 0LH.
You may correct errors in or update your information or request that we remove information about you from our records by sending us a request to the postal address or email address above. In most cases we will comply promptly with your request and let you know when we have done so. However, sometimes we will not be obliged to comply with your request. If this is the case we will inform you of our decision and the reasons for that decision. To protect your privacy and the security of your information, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we act on any request which you may make in respect of your information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you have consented to this;
A special note about children
No one under the age of 18 years old is permitted to use our website or service.
Links To Other Websites
Carloanfinder.co.uk may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Should you be unhappy with any aspect of our service or the way your personal information has been stored, used or collected our staff will be happy to resolve your concerns. We do recommend that you bring any issues to our attention as soon as possible, as the sooner we know about the issue the sooner we can help resolve it. Please see our Complaints Policy for further information.
We will endeavour to satisfy your concerns, however if you remain unsatisfied with any aspect relating to your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. The ICO may be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.